We are focused on serving remote regions of Lao PDR without access to financial services and support, to help strengthen family livelihoods and businesses sustainably.
Founded in 2006, we are the leading ethical microfinance institution and social enterprise in Lao.
Our operations are guided by six key social goals:
- EMI offers responsible financial services, enabling clients to sustainably grow their household and business assets and achieve their family goals.
- EMI offers first-rate financial education services, helping clients learn to manage their money wisely in meeting their household budget needs and growing their businesses.
- EMI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and invests in the continuous education of its employees.
- EMI follows microfinance industry best practice and works closely with partners and peers to ensure sustainable growth and offer quality financial inclusion in Lao PDR.
- EMI seeks long-term sustainability through financial viability while creating client value.
- EMI cares about the environment and takes measurable steps to reduce its carbon footprint.
- Asean Business Awards 2022
- Sustainable Social Enterprise Excellence Award, ASEAN Business Awards Lao 2021
- Finalist, Wall Street Financial Inclusion Challenge, 2015
- Lao Financial Sector Development Contributor (2015-2019): recognition by Bank of Lao PDR